grammar Why 'in itself' why not just 'itself
Hackneyed stereotypes are used over and over again. This is a real shame as the role does have potential to really deliver a great performance, despite the rather hackneyed script. Hackneyed images risk reducing Irish history to textbook postcolonial illustrations. Some hackneyed situations come... Here are 47 fantastic examples of sentences and phrases with the word "hackneyed". Sentences with the word : Synonyms. Antonyms How to use hackneyed in a sentence Looking for sentences and phrases with the word hackneyed? Here are some examples. Sentence Examples. However, the story and the manner of its telling are alike hackneyed, dull, and pointless. His boss can take even a hackneyed
Example sentences for think-tank vocabulary size
Contemporary Examples. of hackneyed Even the harmonized choral accents are hackneyed , ripped straight from her previous mega-hit “You Belong with Me.” Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’: Country’s Prodigal Daughter Creates the Best Pop Album of the Year... Bring out the linguist in you! Please tell us about your own interpretation of hackneyed. Were you able to use hackneyed in a game? Provide an example sentence or the original quote.
Use of the word bromide in a sentence example fatLingo
What Makes a Successful Internet of Things Pitch? IoT
The most frequently-used GRE vocabulary words. Watch these sentence examples and join in the fun by posting your own sentences in the comment section!... Bibliophile Stalker interviews Ellen Datlow, Editor of (among many, many other things) the upcoming anthology The Del Rey Book of Science Fiction and Fantasy: "It's not that the genres have weaknesses or strengths but that the purveyors of genres write well or badly and use the genres ambitiously or in hackneyed ways."
How To Use Hackneyed In A Sentence
Hackneyed dictionary definition hackneyed defined
- Hackneyed Phrases Grumpmeister
- IELTS Writing a hackneyed phrase Jeffrey-IELTS Blog
- Hackneyed Phrases EnglishLab.Net
- poignancy Definition of poignancy in English by Oxford
How To Use Hackneyed In A Sentence
Good as gold is a hackneyed phrase to describe well behaved children. ⓘ This sentence is not a translation of the original sentence. Non ci sono più le mezze stagioni è un modo di dire trito e ritrito.
- Plug in this meaning into your sentence, and you will see why it makes sense the way it is. You may also come across the hackneyed in and of itself , which means the same thing, as in: Life, in and of itself , is neither good nor evil…
- 20/08/2009 · Update: Here's the dictionary entry where I found this, but not how to use it in a sentence. Obviously it would be in conjuction with a verb, but I think I would be better served to find a different phrase to convey my meaning.
- When "hackney" was first used as a verb in the late 16th century, it often meant "to make common or frequent use of." Later, it meant "to make trite, vulgar, or commonplace." The adjective "hackneyed" began to be used in the 18th century and now is a common synonym for "trite."
- (The adjective hackneyed means used too often, or cliche.) Each time he reported his street light outage, he was given the same hackneyed excuse about a shortage in manpower.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Denman Prospect ACT, Macgregor ACT, Crace ACT, Canberra Airport ACT, Duntroon ACT, ACT Australia 2672
- New South Wales: Laurel Hill NSW, Crangan Bay NSW, Rowlands Creek NSW, Verona NSW, Tatton NSW, NSW Australia 2033
- Northern Territory: Top Springs NT, Angurugu NT, Harts Range NT, Coolalinga NT, Girraween NT, Lee Point NT, NT Australia 0879
- Queensland: Battery Hill QLD, Tin Can Bay QLD, McEwens Beach QLD, Cluden QLD, QLD Australia 4028
- South Australia: Thevenard SA, Mount Compass SA, Port Gawler SA, Kalbeeba SA, Clapham SA, Peebinga SA, SA Australia 5072
- Tasmania: Cygnet TAS, Akaroa TAS, Toiberry TAS, TAS Australia 7097
- Victoria: Newcastle VIC, Hollands Landing VIC, Granite Flat VIC, Falls Creek VIC, Kennington VIC, VIC Australia 3002
- Western Australia: Yunndaga WA, Bookara WA, Boscabel WA, WA Australia 6028
- British Columbia: Belcarra BC, Ladysmith BC, Port Clements BC, Pouce Coupe BC, Pouce Coupe BC, BC Canada, V8W 6W9
- Yukon: Minto YT, Haines Junction YT, Takhini Hot Springs YT, Black Hills YT, Takhini YT, YT Canada, Y1A 8C1
- Alberta: Donnelly AB, Ryley AB, Elk Point AB, Hinton AB, Drumheller AB, Taber AB, AB Canada, T5K 3J6
- Northwest Territories: Jean Marie River NT, Fort Good Hope NT, Sachs Harbour NT, Ulukhaktok NT, NT Canada, X1A 8L4
- Saskatchewan: St. Brieux SK, Abbey SK, Mistatim SK, Glaslyn SK, Duff SK, Togo SK, SK Canada, S4P 1C5
- Manitoba: Erickson MB, MacGregor MB, Morden MB, MB Canada, R3B 3P7
- Quebec: Saint-Eustache QC, Temiscouata-sur-le-Lac QC, Degelis QC, Disraeli QC, Longueuil QC, QC Canada, H2Y 6W5
- New Brunswick: Aroostook NB, Maisonnette NB, St. Martins NB, NB Canada, E3B 4H1
- Nova Scotia: Lunenburg NS, Bridgewater NS, Windsor NS, NS Canada, B3J 7S3
- Prince Edward Island: Georgetown PE, Miminegash PE, Belfast PE, PE Canada, C1A 6N1
- Newfoundland and Labrador: St. Bride's NL, St. Jacques-Coomb's Cove NL, Cow Head NL, Lord's Cove NL, NL Canada, A1B 4J9
- Ontario: Camden East ON, Bayfield Inlet ON, LaSalle ON, South Bruce, Dale ON, Fairholme ON, Crosshill ON, ON Canada, M7A 8L9
- Nunavut: Coral Harbour NU, Arctic Bay NU, NU Canada, X0A 6H3
- England: Southend-on-Sea ENG, Ewell ENG, Ipswich ENG, St Helens ENG, Gillingham ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 7A6
- Northern Ireland: Newtownabbey NIR, Belfast NIR, Belfast NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Bangor NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 8H4
- Scotland: Glasgow SCO, Paisley SCO, Edinburgh SCO, Livingston SCO, Paisley SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 3B1
- Wales: Wrexham WAL, Barry WAL, Swansea WAL, Newport WAL, Cardiff WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 6D7